At the moment it is replacing Van Gogh's 'Starry Night', which hung on the wall just outside the kitchen.
I must admit it gave me a fright last night.
I was half way up to bed when out of the eerie silence an owl suddenly began to hoot!!
Most of the time though, I really enjoy listening to the birds whistling... just for that moment everything feels very calm - like you're outside in the middle of the countryside in a wide open space.
I might try for a wee video to let you all hear for yourselves - at some point.
Yesterday was Luca's birthday and I have a bumper crop of photos to show you all.
Carole put on a little birthday lunch - smorgesborde - help yourself to prawns, parma ham and cheese - it was lovely!
Luca enjoyed it too, although he did say, "Look Mummy, you shouldn't have gone to all this bother, a big bowl of prawns right in front of me would have done just fine!"
Dora the Explorer went down well, you'll be glad to know, Kelly and Craig!
In fact, as you can see, he has now started reading! :)
In the little swing park beside Carole and Gary's you will find a little tubby lady, made of pink granite, lying on the ground with her back against a rock, snoozing.
Luca was delighted to use her to demonstrate his ever increasing vocabulary when we went for a prelunch walk to improve our appetites!
"Eyes," he said as he poked her in the eye, "nose, hands, shoes..." he labelled everything he could find before finishing with, " Shhh... sleeping!"
Ian made it back from his work to join in the birthday celebration and your John Lewis box arrived while we were there, Lucy.
Did you enjoy your bit of birthday cake, Dad? That's you Gary.
Were there any smarties left on it by the time you got home? They were very popular with a certain little boy!
I took a video of the candles on the birthday cake being blown out but for some reason it won't upload. It is on my hard drive, Gary so you can have a look at it the next time you are through. I'll have another go at uploading it tomorrow.
Carole sat patiently after lunch and constructed the animals and farmyard in Luca's new farmyard lego using the pictures as a guide while Ian made a lovely job of creating a giraffe.
"Everybody knows you don't find giraffes in a farmyard!" exclaimed Carole!
Ian do it properly!!
The top Luca is wearing was a gift from Carole's friend! These photos are for Carole who loved it so much, she wanted it photographed. I'll send you copies, Carole.
No comments:
Post a Comment