Ian has a fluey bug - might even be proper flu - time will tell. He is really bad just now.
"Just shoot me," the poor soul has just groaned.
I woke in the middle of the night last night because the bed was bouncing around the room! It was Ian shivering with cold!
He was freezing, he said.
It took two extra duvets, a fleesy blanket and a pair of woolly socks to stop the shakes.
His temperature has been going up and down ever since.
At the moment, he is too hot.
We'll see how he gets on tonight - I'm all ready - just in case we need the duvet mountain again.
Ross is away to bed early. He isn't sure, he said, but wonders if his sleepiness might be the onset of the bug in him.
I'm feeling fine - touch wood.
You know the timing of this bug invasion couldn't be worse.
On Monday I bought lamb to make into a stew.
I know, I don't like lamb but I'd had time to read Anne's current collection of food magazines when I was house-sitting on Monday for the Sky man and I came across this recipe - which used paprika, cumin, coriander and cinnamon spices, passata instead of stock and was finished off with sweet potatoes, dates and almonds.
I thought to myself, "This sounds really good, why not try it! Maybe you will like lamb now. Afterall our tastes do change over the years."
So I bought the lamb and got all the ingedients together, and as I got started cutting all the fat off the lamb. (I don't like fat)
I could hear Ian saying, "Lamb, you never buy lamb! You don't like it."
And I would say, " Och I just thought it was time I tried again."
And he would say, "Great, I really like lamb! What a nice surprise!"
It was a lovely warm, fluffy moment!
Well, the lamb is cooked but Ian's in no fit state to eat it, is he? It's in the fridge.
The more I think about that fat the less I feel like eating the lamb.
...I wonder if I should freeze it in case Ian is in no state to eat it for a while?
No comments:
Post a Comment