Friday, 12 December 2008

Lunchtime on Friday

Ian and I have had some lentil soup and toast for lunch and I'm beginning to feel better now. What a morning!

Anne sent me a text first thing this morning to say that she was taking Kujo out for a little walk, did I want to go?

Well, having been indoors so much recently because of the weather, I said yes.

We left the house at ten and got back at twelve!

Not a little walk, I hear you say! Quite.

We had decided to extend our walk to encompass the path through the woods at the back of the Burnett Park - it comes out at Glen O Dee.

And it would have, had we taken the right route. We came to a junction on the path and I said to Anne that the path to the left looked familiar.

Yes, you guessed...it was the wrong path. An hour later we came out onto the Raemoir Road - way down at Brathens!

Kudjo was black with mud apart from his head which had unusual shades of green splodged on it! I think he had been rubbing himself on something dead!

What a treck home. It was miles! Anne and I were exhausted.

When I got in, I explained to Ian why I had been so long.

He said calmly, "Why did Anne listen to you? If you said go left, you should have gone right. You know you have an unerring ability to choose the wrong direction."

I just can't believe I always get it wrong.

Ian as you have realised is still at home. He's a bit better today than he was yesterday but he still isn't well.

This is Ian at Christmas 2004, I found it in my family album. Four years ago...seems like more...

He certainly doesn't look this healthy just now!

No comments: