Monday, 15 December 2008

Monday morning

It's already eleven oclock.

Not much done today yet, I'm afraid. Didn't waken till eight thirty...no pressure this morning as Ross is on holiday!

He's off for the next three weeks would you believe!

I have a load of different tasks to do today starting with a huge pile of ironing and I'm almost ready to start.

I've had my breakfast - porridge with Ross' raspberries from last night. He didn't eat them and since I've been thinking about porridge with raspberries ever since you mentioned starting to eat them for breakfast to increase the ruffage in your diet, Lucy, I decided to take the opportunity to try it out this morning!

I would recommend it to you all. It's lovely.

Breakfast was accompanied by two episodes of 'The X Files'. I fast forward at the adverts and the non speaking and action scenes so I can watch two episodes almost in the time it takes to transmit one.

I love being able to fast forward!

I know I've said it before but I'm really dreading the implimentation of whatever technology it is that's being devised to stop me skipping past the adverts!

The first episode I watched was about Moulder escaping from a stallag in which people were treated like guinea pigs, having 'black cancer' injected into them to see what happened. The 'black cancer' was actually an organism that had crash landed on earth like a meteorite.

Bit gruesome at the part where a guy had his arm cut off using a red hot machete. You see no arm - no injection into it possible!

I haven't fathomed out, yet, why those carrying out the experiments couldn't just have used the other arm!

The other was about an enzyme that got to earth in the same manner as the 'black cancer'. It increased the rate of growth of fungi.

The first victim had died of athletes foot!

Good visual effects. I particularly liked the image of the man, found in the outside toilet, dead of course but also covered in green fluffy and wispy white fungi with pulsating larvae crawling in and out of his eye sockets and gaping mouth.

I'd finished my porridge before I saw that image!!

No comments: