Sunday, 14 December 2008

Sunday night

It's almost nine oclock.

I've read all the blogs - well done Carole, enjoyed reading your entry! It's good to get another perspective. Is it really so long since Abbey passed away?

- and although there is still nothing new on Lucy's blog, she phoned today so we can all be reassured that she is fine.

Mark, Scott's cousin from Seattle, has been down staying with them for a short holiday so she's been a bit busy.

She's going to post a photo of her Christmas trees - she has two!! - on her blog.

Here is our completed tree. I decorated it this afternoon while listening to Nat King Cole singing Christmas Songs. Songs included, 'The Little Boy that Santa Claus Forgot'. What a tear jerker!


Between the tree and Lucy's phonecall, there was no time to make apple sponge for pudding!
"Never mind apple pudding, how was the lamb?" I hear you all asking...it was OK. I would happily eat it. Would I choose it from a menu if I was out for a meal?
It would depend what else was on the menu!

Ian was unusually entusiastic about his dinner tonight and complimented it twice...a hint, I think, to make it again sometime!

To change the subject, The Christmas Carol Concert in the Town Hall last evening was unexpectedly good! I would go again.

The choir sang a mixture of classical carols and more modern Christmas Songs...
They included one of my favourites...

Are we all ready to sing? ...

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

It doesn't show signs of stopping...

"OK enough!"

I think that was Ian!

When the concert finished, the chairs were quickly moved out of the way and the school kids came round with plates full of shortbread and Christmas pies and bottles of wine and plastic tumblers appeared on the tables at the back as the choir members appeared in the hall to join in the party.

All very jolly.

I had gone to the concert because Maura (my buddy) is in the choir. Sri was there too - her husband Pete is in the choir too - and so was Myra.

Mary is writing her Christmas cards tonight I think as I've just had a text asking if Gary and Carole still live in Rae Circle.

Mary is in a choir down in Paisley. Her Christmas Concert isn't till the 29th December.
She and Kathleen - her friend from primary school go together.

Kathleen is a nurse just like Mary was. I think she's still working. She works at the local hospice - has done for years.

Brian is doing fine after his gallbladder operation...he was at the pub on Friday night!! Obviously feeling better.

No comments: