Friday...let me think.
Oh yes, I did my first stint as a waitress at the Friday coffee morning.
It was quite enjoyable and my traybake went down well.
I got the recipe off the internet:
It is supposed to be carrot cake and it does have carrot in it but it seemed a bit too light to me - flavour not texture.
Anyway here's the recipe if you want to try it.
12 oz margarine/butter
12 oz soft brown sugar
6 eggs
12 oz SR flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons mixed spice
1 teaspoon ground ginger
12 oz grated carrot
Bake for 45 mins at 180 C in a tin 12 ins x 8ins x 2ins.
Friday night I went to Franco's with Ian and his holiday golfing buddies and their wives. The food was good but the group was too noisy for me - probably because there were so many in such a small place. I felt really embarrassed because there were others in the restaurant and I'm sure we ruined their night out.
Probably better to get a private room if there are a lot of folk together.
Anyway, Saturday was quiet - all I can remember doing is going to the butchers. The old man who works there confided in me that he had forgotten to shave that morning before he came out.
I think he was telling everyone to explain why he was all whiskery!
Sunday? Had my cheese scone and coffee at the Milton after mass.
Highlight of the day.
Well not quite as when I got back home, Gary and Luca were there with Isis!
Gary and I took Luca and Isis to the park.
Check out the photos...
You know, Luca managed to walk all the way to and from the park although when we hit the wooded path in the park that goes uphill, he turned and raised his arms, "You can't be serious," he said, "I've walked these wee short legs for miles and now you want me to climb mountains!"
Those of us who know the pond know that swimming isn't possible.
It's meant to be used for curling when it freezes over so it isn't very deep.
Isis went for a paddle.
Check the photo.
How cute are these! They were taken on the way back from the park.
What do we think?
Luca without a fringe!
Monday, I cleaned the house and caught up on the laundry, then went to the hairdressers to get rid of my grey roots.
I bumped into Anne and her mum coming back from the village as I was heading in. That's Anne's mum up now till after Christmas.
Oh yes, we had smoked haddock, for tea last night, with clapshot. I am really into clapshot just now - maybe we could have it on Christmas Day... I could use brussell sprouts instead of cabbage!
The fish from the fish shop is very good too!
Today, I've wrapped my presents and spent time with Luca to let Carole organise the wee puppy!! She's beautiful!
You will probably be able to see photos by now on Gary and Carole's blog.
I wonder what Gary thought of his surprise Christmas present!
No comments:
Post a Comment