Ross finally got to work at quarter to ten this morning!
Long story...
The folk in number one are having insulation work done on their house today and first thing this morning, there was a big van blocking the road.
Ross had noticed the van and decided to go out through the gate onto the Tor na Coille road but had misjudged the turn... and his front tyre clipped the wall.
He was on the Tor na Coille road when he realised he had a burst tyre.
His first thought was to change the tyre, but he had no spanner and mine was the wrong size so it was decided that I would take him to work but we'd need to move his car first because it was blocking the road. He managed to get it into the parking area but it finally got stuck right in the middle!
We struggled for ages trying to push it forward (it weighs a ton! two according to Ross)
but the tyres just kept spinning.
In the end, I got my shovel and chipped away at the ice till we managed to get enough grip to move forward.
What a carry on; my trousers are soaking up to the knees from spraying ice and water that hit me while I was trying to heave the car forward and both Ross and I have soaking wet feet.
At one point I felt like one of those big macho weight lifters... you know the ones that pull cars with their teeth? Only I was heaving the car forward with my shoulder and clenching my teeth for extra oomph!
We've had several heavy showers of rain already today but the ground is still covered in ice so the water isn't going anywhere. It's just sitting on top of the ice making the pavements lethal.
Happy days!
No comments:
Post a Comment