Sunday, 7 December 2008

Sunday teatime

Having noted the time of this entry, you will appreciate that it must be short.
I can't concentrate well when I feel hungry and I don't even know what we are going to have for tea tonight!

I've just written to tell you that I am exhausted having spent the afternoon cybershopping - - I heard the expression on the TV earlier today - but I have had some success!
I have placed my order for part of Ian's Christmas gift from 'Solutions' - useful gadgets that you never realised you needed - and I've bought a couple of pairs of jeans from Marks and Spencers.

Doesn't it make you feel special when they know who you are....
"Hello Josephine!" Marks and Spencers said when I got into their sight -
and when I wanted to pay they asked, "Would you like us to send this order to you or Carol?"
My goodness they remembered I got her birthday flowers from them!
Don't they just make it so easy to spend your money :)

You know I would be sorely tempted to get a take away for tea tonight if we hadn't had one last night.
Ross and I hit the chinese restaurant and ordered:
  • half a Crispy Aromatic Duck
  • two portions of Chef's Special Rice which had everything you could think of in it
  • Volcano Chicken - really sweet and sticky with a little heat
  • Barbecued Shrimp Peking Style - reminded me of lots of little individual shrimp omlettes in a tasty sauce,
  • Pork in Sweet Chilli Sauce.
It was delicious!
We definitely made good choices.

Loved it but Ian's feeling a bit worried today - if it was Irish pork we could be in big trouble! On the news this morning we were informed that the Irish are recalling all pork products because routine tests have highlighted the presence of a toxic substance :(
They think it was in the piggy feed from a particular manufacturer.

Two messages:
Gary, did you go to B&Q?

While I'm thinking of Gary... the moon was visible in the sky yesterday during the day when I was at Gary and Carol's house, and clever little Luca looked up at it commenting that it was the moon then went to his brick bag and took out one of his semi circular bricks and brought it over to where Gary and I were sitting and holding it in front of us, said"Moon!" How intelligent is that?!

Lucy, have you got your house decorated this year for Christmas?

Here's your house last year...

No comments: