Wednesday, 3 December 2008

Fourish

Just back in, in time to take a phonecall to say that tomorrow's lunch has been postponed because of the threat of snow tonight.

It was Sheila who phoned, a quick two minute call on her way to a meeting in the school. She was telling me that she and her husband, Martin, are meant to be going down to Ballater tonight to have dinner with friends but have decided to postpone just in case the snow forecast actually arrives.

I was out this morning just after nine to get the car scraped and warmed up before picking up Johanne and Anne. The street looked lovely!




We were going to a talk about dealing with depression at Crathes' tearoom. It came with coffee and scones and Christmas pies and afterwards you could browse the Castle's giftshop's Christmas decorations.

This photo was taken in the Crathes Castles' carpark on our way to the talk. Good photo of Johanne, I thought. Anne's kind of invisible.


The drive was fine apart from the occassional spinning wheels and the views at the castle were beautiful. My snapshots don't do justice to what we were lucky enough to see. Snow makes everything look so lovely, don't you think?



We went to the Raemoir Garden Centre for lunch.
Johanne and I had a very good grilled vegetable panini and Anne had a tuna melt.
I would definitely recommend the food!
However, it's still a noisy venue and the curtains at the windows can't be drawn (and the entire building is glass) when the sun is shining in your eyes!

We chose the garden centre because we thought Maura might be working. She has just started working there part time in the tearoom. And there she was!

I was pleasantly surprised by the cost of their Christmas trees; I didn't think they were especially dear.
5ft-6ft. trees were £35 and 6ft-7ft were £40!
Lovely trees and they deliver free.
In fact, their service is so good that they had managed to deliver Anne's tree to her door before we'd got home!
We paid for the trees, got into the car, drove home... and as we came into the street, the garden centre van was turning out!

When Anne and Johanne decided to go ahead and buy their trees...I thought about it but didn't in the end.
I think I possibly made the wrong choice.
Those trees are the only ones they will be getting in and if you leave them out in the cold, they would probably be OK.

Anyway, on a different note, Kujo's walk round the Burnett this afternoon was really cold.
I thought you might like to see the pond so here it is.



Anne took this one of me with a red nose.

And I took this one of Kujo!

It's a wee bit dark. I didn't realise it was starting to get dark.
Kujo is a lovely reddish brown colour, like the autumn leaves and you wouldn't know from my photo!

Ian's home now so I'm going to take off now and make the tea!

No comments: