I've had a couple of text messages from Aunt Mary recently.
At the end of last week, she texted to let me know that Uncle Brian had ended up in hospital.
He has gallstones and is on the waiting list to go into hospital and have them removed. Once he was diagnosed, Aunt Mary made changes to his diet and that made life a lot easier for him but on Sunday he had an attack of severe pain and was admitted to hospital!
We have also been keeping in touch over the last few days because of the weather.
She sent this text yesterday:
'Hi Jo, scarey is the word! (she's talking about the weather conditions).
I skated to Julie's today on a wing and a prayer.
Tried to go to school this am but slipping and falling.
Had them (Sam and Tom) crawling on hands and knees to get
back to the drive - they couldn't fall that way! (their street and their drive are both on a slope)
Managed later but frozen again tonight.
Say a prayer for me in the morning! (she has to drive to Julie's on Wednesdays too)
Mary x'
They are supposed to be getting the snow today down there.
I've sent a text to see how she has gotten on this morning.
I'm supposed to be going to a talk at Crathes Castle this morning. I'm driving. Wish me luck. Should maybe put a bit of carpet and a shovel in the boot!
No comments:
Post a Comment