I feel as though I've been immersed in my own wee time bubble for the last few days. Motionless, I've watched time fly past on the outside unable to reach out and touch it...but I'm back.
New Year was freezing cold!
We had seen in the New Year with Anne and Les up at Johanne and Colin's house which is a good spot for watching the fireworks, being on top of the hill.
Anyway it was so cold when we left to come home, my teeth started chattering! It's years since I chittered or chattered for that matter.
I didn't waken till about ten on New Year's morning so I had hardly surfaced when Gary and Luca appeared. Not that I'm complaining.
At the moment, Ian and I are Amma and Daddad and Luca is Hacka. It's so cute!
Ross isn't too bad, he's Woss.
I will have to be careful though because I have caught myself calling Luca, Hacka!
Yesterday, I drove into Aberdeen in the afternoon to catch up with Sylvia. I hadn't seen her since the school holidays back in October.
Jim, Sylvia's husband, is still at home. He works off shore. I think he is in the North Sea just now but he has been in all sorts of amazing places.
Jim's nephew has joined the SAS or something. He has been a soldier for years. Anyway, their medical check ups are very thorough and they discovered that he is mortally allergic to some anesthetic... don't think Jim said which one but the condition is hereditery so they tested his parents to see which line of the family it had come through and it was Jim's brother who tested positive.
So Jim had to be tested too...in Leeds!
The doctors cut a small piece of your leg muscle out and expose it to the anesthetic. If it curls up and turns black, you have the disorder.
Jim tested negative.
Spent a very enjoyable afternoon with Sylvia. It was good to see her again.
We finished the piece of beef from the butchers last night and we all agreed it was lovely. Ross suggested it was even nicer last night than it had been the night before but I think it was probably tasting better because the atmosphere was lighter.
I had a stooshy at teatime the night before last - the first night we ate the beef. Poor Ian got the brunt of it. All he did was come in when he was called, and ask what was for tea... and I ate him!
No excuses... I was tired and overheated (the kitchen can get too hot at times) and I wanted self service not table service for that night and the kitchen was feeling very small.
Ross even stayed back after he finished eating and helped stack the dishwasher... on tiptoe! Bless him.
Anyway, things are brighter now and I have sent an email to Sheila to wish her a happy sixtieth birthday... a free buspass will be winging it's way to her very soon - possibly as we speak!
No comments:
Post a Comment