Saturday, 10 January 2009

Saturday afternoon

Ive been to the shops this morning and all the food is sitting on the kitchen table waiting to be put away, but I need to clean the fridge before I put anything else in, so I've decided to update the blog :)

I did try, during the week, to upload the birthday video - left it uploading for 24 hours but the little circle at the bottom left hand side just kept on turning.

Ian has volunteered to have a try on his computer later on - so thank you, Ian!

I've left Ian sitting in the TV room. He is having trouble with Merlin - I think that was what he called the programme.
It is the programme he uses to put 'East Enders' onto CD :(
I'm sure it's only a temporary blip, Lucy!!

It's been a busy week, I'm sure, although I am having trouble thinking back to what I've done in all those hours.

The beginning of the week was some serious knitting practise. It must be over 20 years since I ever did any serious knitting...you know actually made something. I remember knitting a couple of wee dresses for a very wee Kelly when we lived in Edinburgh but thats about it.

Both my sisters are very good knitters but my tension was always too slack! :)

When you were expecting Luca, Carole, I started a little cardigan but it's lying unfinished on the couch behind me as I write ...the back and part of one side completed.

I decided when I retired that I would have a bash at knitting again and so I decided...small being best, I would attempt to knit a cardigan for Luca, one more time.

Well, success...almost. I stayed in bed till two oclock on Tuesday trying to pick up the stitches around the neck and with a lot of perseverence and one dreadful tension headache, I did it! :)

I bought some little buttons on Wednesday when Johanne and I went down the village so any day now, the cardigan will be finished.

Lucy, I feel you need to take some of the thanks for this accomplishment.
If it hadn't been for your Christmas basket, I would have had nowhere to keep all my bits and pieces.

Check out your basket...

Just right, or as the buzz phrase of the moment would put it, 'Fit for purpose'!

"Well," said Gary when he was leaving on Wednesday night with Luca who had only eaten a yoghurt, two apple and pear purees (each equivalent to one portion of fruit for the day) and and half an oatcake for his tea, turning down fish and chips, "this just isn't good enough!"
I'm so sorry, Gary, we will try to do better next time. Please give us a second chance! :( :)


On Thursday, I walked to the Milton for a coffee with Anne. She sent me a text, "How to you fancy a wee walk and a large coffee this morning?"

Well, yes. That sounded good. I think we may have got our adjectives in the wrong place. We were out for over three hours in the end and Ian reckons we probably walked about 6 miles.

We had to have coffee al fresco because we had Kudjo with us but it was a beautiful sunny day and we were well wrapped up...I was wearing double simmet under my woolly jumper and my 'Deeside Brewery' hat.

Here are some photos I took while we were out.
Can you see the ice in the river?


Just look how lovely it is. No wonder we didn't realise we were walking so far.

No comments: