I read everyone else's blogs before I started writing - Kelly will I come down and kick you or have you already done that yourself. I make mistakes like that all the time so I know how frustrating it feels (I'm talking about overlooking dates) when you muck things up :(
Ian and I are going to the Milton on Valentine's Night for dinner!
"Well," you might say, "they've never done anything like that before..."
Nor would we have this time either if Ian hadn't sent me an email of the forthcoming attractions at the Woodend Barn.
I saw that they were putting on a production called, 'The Tailor of Inverness' by a company called Dogstar whom I have vaguely heard of, and so I emailed back and said that I would like to go and see it.
Back came an email from Ian. he was very sorry but he had organised a 'Headbang' for that night (13th February) and it was really very difficult to fit the schedules of the various members of the Headbang Gang into any one evening...so it couldn't be changed :(
Realising, I think, how I would be gutted he offered the Milton instead - the following night. There you go!
And here is the menu for the night:
Valentine's Menu - Friday 13th and Saturday 14th February
***
Amuse Bouche
***
Baked Crottin of Goats Cheese
rolled in Almonds with Pawpaw and Avocado Salad & Orange Reduction
Presse of Homecured Smoked & Fresh Salmon
Sauce Maltese & Caper Berries
Warm Filo Tartlet of Confit Duck
Black Pudding and Caramelised Apple with Pear Conserve
***
Fillet of Angus Beef and Braised Brisket
with Herb Crusted Potatoes, Glazed Shallots and a Red Wine Jus
Poached Loin of Monkfish wrapped in Spinach Mousseline
Beetroot and Potato Rosti with Horseradish Cream
Mozzarella, Aubergine and Beef Tomato Schnitzel
with Cassoulet of Haricot Blanc
***
Assiette of Chocolate (for two)
Passion Fruit crème Brulee
Selection of Ice Cream and Sorbet
Selection of Cheeses
I had to look up a few things in the dictionary.
An assiette is a dish with several little dishes on it, an Amuse Bouche translates literally to an amused mouth - it's a little mouthful of food on a plate to tickle your tastebuds and a crottin is a small cylindical cheese!
No comments:
Post a Comment