Friday, 23 January 2009

Friday morning

Well, the man from 'Homeserve' has been out to see our droopy cushion and has diagnosed 'television seat'.

He inspected the springs and checked the density of the foam and said, "Technically there is nothing wrong!"

I think he felt bad, because he cleaned the chewing gum stain off the cushion which hadn't been registered yet as a problem due to... do we all remember? - the fact that only Ian's name was on the warranty and so only he could organise for someone to come out.

He also alerted me to the fact that the cushion nearer the window on the other setee was beginning to show signs of 'television seat' too!

You know, I'm just thinking - that mean that a chair will definitely have a droopy cushion within a year. That can't be right, can it?

Managed to go for a walk yesterday afternoon. Just a wee one with Anne and Kujo, around the Burnett Park. Little is better than not at all, yes?

When you are over, Lucy, we will take a trip out to the Finzean farm shop for a coffee if we get the chance.

I was there yesterday for a coffee with Anne. I've been before a couple of times.

It's just a small place but the cakes are lovely and they have a huge picture window with a lovely view of the valley and the hills beyond.

Johanne and Anne are coming round for a coffee this morning so that will be nice! I better go and hoover. I think I will open the chocolate and cherry biscuits out of the Christmas hamper you sent, Lucy.

Anne won't have one. She said she was going to Weight Watchers last night. That's why she had a slice of 'orange and almond' cake at the Finzean farm shop yesterday. The condemned woman's last treat!

No comments: