Monday, 19 January 2009

Monday morning


Look at the wonky cushion on the two seater setee - we all agree, don't we that it isn't comfortable to sit on? Well now it has chewing gum stuck to it!

The chewing gum has also ruined a good pair of Ian's trousers and damaged his car seat because some idiot left chewing gum on a surface and he sat on.

He thinks it may have been the squash court that had the offending seat, in which case he has also damaged a seat in the Legion!

What a mess!

So this morning, I phoned Harvey's Homeserve to remind them that they needed to get in touch with me about arranging a home visit to inspect the uncomfortable cushion and while I was on the phone I mentioned the chewing gum.

"We can probably kill two birds with one stone, here!" she said cheerily. "I can organise to send both technicians at the same time!"

Wonderful I thought.

My elation was short lived. There was a problem. The insurance had been taken out in Ian's name and because of 'The Data Protection Act', only he can deal with the insurance.

This is the second time I have been thwarted by 'The Data Protection Act'. The last time was when Harvey's Store in Kittybrewster could not pass my complaint onto their complaints department.

It was my complaint, I had to do it, because they could not pass my details on because of, yes you have it, 'The Data Protection Act'!

No comments: