Thursday, 22 January 2009

Thursday afternoon

Busy day yesterday!
I drove down to Glasgow to pick up Ian and pop in to Granda's for a wee visit to give him his belated Christmas present - pyjamas, socks and toffees.

Ian had said to meet him at three so I decided to go down a bit earlier and drop in on Mary.

I had sent her a text message but since she had left her phone in the car when she had arrived at Julie's, she got a bit of a shock when she opened the door.

I, on the other hand, having failed to get a reply from her the whole way down the road was seriously worried about whether she would be in or not, especially since I had decided not to stop on the way down and was now in desperate need of a toilet.

Believe me, had she been out, one of her neighbours would've had a visit from a strange woman asking to use their loo!

Mary told me if it ever happens in the future to go to Winnie, the neighbour on their right who would take it in her stride! :)

Leo is really into The Night Garden. Check the toys in his tray - Iggle Piggle and Upsy Daisy! :)

He had forgotten me when I came in but we rebonded thanks to our mutual appreciation of the programme.

You should try and catch it on CBeebies. It's great. It's made by the company that made The Teletubbies!

Mary thinks it's great too and so does Luca. I can't upload the video of Luca watching it (still got a problem with uploading them) but have a look the next time you're here.

Which won't be long now, Lucy! :)

I caught Mary in the middle of clearing up the kitchen. What a girl she is, she never stops working. No comments please about how two sisters can be so different!

Ian and I met outside Granda's home. He had taken a taxi from the city centre. I was sure I could find the home but I got a bit lost and had to phone Ian from a pub carpark. I was actually only one street away from where I should have been so I was quite pleased with myself.

"Your car is filthy!" was the greeting from Ian when I finally arrived. Not clean, I'll grant you but make up your own minds - is the car filthy?

Granda was on good form and for once did not usher us out of the door. He was happy to spend time with us. We had a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit and sang a couple of songs.
At one point, Granda referred to me as Ian's daughter. Ian laughed his head off...I'm not sure how I feel about that :)

I don't have any photos but Ian has.

No comments: