Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Wednesday mark 3

I decided yesterday to get seasonal with my cooking (and try out a few recipes before the week end - Anne & Lesley and Johanne & Colin are coming round for dinner) and so I bought 3 pumpkins at the supermarket and looked up recipes on the internet. I found 'fragrant chicken' stew and pumpkin soup.

The stew, I made yesterday for tea. A lot of preparation and a lot of clearing up afterwards...it wasn't worth it. The stew was nothing special and the chicken was tough. There is a portion in the freezer, if anyone wants it.

Today was the soup
Three and a half pounds of pumpkin
onion, garlic, chicken stock, cumin and maple syrup.
I've now eaten 5 bowls of this soup to see if it improves with time and ...it doesn't.

The boys damned it with faint praise.

There is another recipe for pumpkin soup and I think it is more like the recipe you talked about, Lucy. It has coconut milk and curry powder in it.

The question is are we up for it? Can we go for 3 days of pumpkin in a row?

No comments: