Saturday, 18 October 2008

Saturday 18th October

It's ten to four in the afternoon and I am filling time till Luca wakes from his afternoon sleep. i was hoping he would have wakened by now as he went down at two and we have still to take Isis for a woody walk.

She has been so good today apart from whipping one quarter of a slice of toast off my plate...I have to take part of the blame for that because I left it on the footstool in the back room and went into the kitchen. I think she thinks she pulled off the perfect crime and I'm not going to disallusion her. I will however be keeping a closer watch on my food from now on!

Luca wouldn't eat his toast for breakfast instead he had my ryvita and a banana. He ate an entire slice and then asked for more.

So far, the highlight of Luca's day has been - leaving aside his discovery of the delights of dry ryvita - noticing a big, black cat on the embankment! It hung around, to Luca's delight, for a long time and when we went outside to say hello, it came into the house...that was a step too far! Luca insisted it left.

We are now at two hours sleeping - I had hoped that the clatter of the keys on the keyboard would bring him to the surface but not so far.

CBBC was a great success while we digested lunch. We both learned a bit of signing! We know what the signs are for king and queen and at the end of the show, Luca gave the man and Lady a round of applause! How's that for praise. Must go, he has arisen!

No comments: