Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Wednesday 29th October

I've just seen the photos of Luca on Gary's blog. I know he's fine but it tears at the heart to see his wee face like that!

I haven't been writing since Saturday. See how it feels, Lucy, when you log on expectantly only to be disappointed! Or do you get time to even log on to read these days?

On Sunday, I took my camera with me to the Milton so that I could capture the images of my coffee buddies. You have already seen Johanne and Maura so here are
Sri,

Myra

and Anne.

You now have a full set!

What did I do on Monday? Oh yes!
In the morning, I went to see Doctor Rough about my blood tests. Apart from my cholesterol level, everything was fine including my ECG.

You will have noticed that I spell cholesterol correctly. That is because Google corrects you when you spell words wrongly. Very politely, I must admit. They say,"Did you mean..." and then they insert the correct spelling in italics. How helpful! :)

The doctor is sending me to Stonehaven for a stress ECG, just to make sure. I suggested to him that I was just getting older and he agreed that my symptoms could be put down to this but he wants to cover the possibilities and rule them out first.

My total cholesterol is 6. Not good but not terrible either. My good cholesterol is 1.6 and my bad is 3.8 and my triglyceride is 1.53.
"Just eat a normal healthy diet," said Doctor Rough. I find it hard to take him seriously. I don't think he is any older than Ross.

And talk about looking young. You should have seen the wee guy who took my x-ray! ( I went to Woodend Hospital on Monday afternoon) He looked about twelve!

I should get the result of the chest x-ray in about 10 days time.

Anne chummed me into Aberdeen for the x-ray and then we went to Cosco ( that spelling doesn't look right!) and M&S foodstore in Westhill. It was teatime when I got home and Ian was already in though not in his jammies... yet!

No comments: