Saturday, 11 October 2008

Saturday 11th October

We had 'Reggae Reggae Sauce' on our sausages at lunch time. Ross put the bottle in the trolley at the supermarket. He says the wee guy behind it was on 'Dragon's Den'. It was very pleasant. A bit like HP sauce; slightly sweeter and slightly less nippy!

You'll notice I said that Ross put the bottle in the trolley. Well yes, he did the shopping with me!

He owed me £50 from last night so we went in his car to the High Street to get the money out of the bank and then carried on up to the supermarket.

Why did he owe me £50? Well, he went to the petrol station last night and filled his car with petrol only to find, when he went to pay, that he did not have his card! Apologising to the lad behind the counter, he said he would be back and came home to get his card but no it wasn't in his room!

This is where I come into the story. He found me in the back room pyjamad, watching 'Wire in the Blood' and appealed to me for help. Would I pay for the petrol with my card?

He thought, he said, that the last time he remembered having the card was at his work so we made a detour to Banchory Business Centre.

It was after 9.30 by the time we got there. Ross disappeared inside and I waited outside, in the car. It was dark and deserted and I couldn't help feeling like the look-out during a robbery. I expected at any minute for the panda car to arrive and for one of the policemen to get out and walk over to where I was parked. Shining his torch in my face, he would say,"Could you explain why you are parked here, madam?"

Eventually, Ross reappeared...disappointed. The card wasn't there. I would need to pay for the petrol.

We nonchalantly strolled into the petrol station to pay for the petrol hoping no-one would realise that I was wearing my jammies under my coat, then we came home so that Ross could strip his room down in a last ditch effort to find the missing card. A while later, he appeared in the back room with a big grin on his face and flipped the retrieved card onto my lap!

Having sunk down onto the carpet in despair he had caught sight of it down the side of one of his big plastic boxes. How did it get there? Who knows!

No comments: