Thursday, 16 October 2008

Thursday 16th October

What did I watch while having breakfast this morning?

The Chtonicles of Riddich. Very Sci-Fi. I'm not usually a wham bam kind of viewer but the backgound of the story and the costumes on the characters were alluring.

Judi Dench was in it! She played the part of a will o the wisp dressed completely in white right down to the white hair.

Sometimes you could see her, sometimes you could almost see her and sometimes you couldn't see her at all.

The baddies were the necromunchers (I think that's what they were called).

You can see, it all just floats past me. My granny, when asked what a book was about would say she couldn't remember but it had been good at the time. The film was a bit like that:)

I came home just before six this evening a little tipsy!

Today was the day that Maura was moving to Torphins and Anne and I had volunteered to give her a hand. We did all the necessary and were all ready to drive to Torphins just after three only to find out that the people who had bought Maura's house had failed to get their money through on time so she did not have all the money for the woman whose house she had bought ...are you keeping up? :) and therefore her furniture was going to have to stay in the removal van until tomorrow!

We therefore, as you would, went back to Anne's to get over the disappointment with a bottle of wine. Maura is going to stay overnight in Anne's spare bedroom.
This photo was taken at a night out about 18 months ago. That's Maura sitting beside Johanne at the right hand side of the table. Just so as you know who I am talking about.

The boys were both home when I got in but I had forewarned Ian last night that it would be a non meat meal tonight so we had cheese omelettes and salad. I had meant to get crusty bread to go with it but I had forgotten it as well as the newspapers for Ian. However, all was not lost because there were half a dozen slices of not-mouldy bread in amongst the mouldy bread in the bread bin so I toasted them. Perfect!

Talking of food, I had my first 'sit down' in the Cairn deli at lunch time today. You know the tables that sit at the window? It is a really great place for seeing the whole of Banchory go by. Everybody and their dog passes by there!

I had roast beef and mustard on my roll but the girls had brie and mango chutney on theirs and they thought it was yummy. Maybe worth trying sometime?

Talking food, Maura gave Anne and I a pot of her homemade raspberry jam as a thank you for our help. You know I've never made jam! Maura says it's easy all you need is a very big, solid based pot. Maybe I'll try it sometime...although, I remember my mother's jam. It was a bit like Norwegian chicken soup... if you can work out that reference you're doing well.

Lucy, you will need help. You had opted out of family holidays by then.

It has been a lovely bright and sunny day today but the temperature has definitely dropped. there are ten leaves left on the Boston Ivy at the front of the house :(

No comments: