Monday, 20 October 2008

Monday 20th October

It's Monday morning; just after nine.

My aren't the mornings drawing in. I say this because although I'm still in my jammies and have neither washed nor brushed my teeth, I have been awake since before seven and at that time it was still dark!

"What have you been doing?" I hear you ask.

And I can understand why!

I am asking myself the same question.

I sat up in bed to drink my morning coffee and consider my plans for the day. I have a few.

At about eight I got up and ate breakfast while watching the recording I had made of this week's episode of 'Merlin'. We were introduced to Lancelot who proved his courage and noble character by fighting a griffin :) - a magical flying creature with an eagle's head and the body of a lion - great stuff!!

I squeezed the off button when the programme finished to save myself from becoming engrossed by something else and here I am!

I have put the pictures I took at the week end onto my hard drive. Turned out they weren't pictures but little videos...no don't all groan and say, "What's she like!", the camera is faulty; Ian said so. Sometimes it won't let you take pictures, only videos. That's why he got the new one.

There weren't many I must confess. Juggling one dog and one baby is a feat in itself! Let go of either and goodness knows where they would end up so add that to my technophobia and there weren't many opportunities to tabe photos! Here is one of my first efforts.



You should have seen us all trying to get through the front door at the same time!

On Saturday morning, I rushed out to the butchers with Luca, leaving Isis at home. I was anxious about leaving her in a strange house but I wasn't sure about taking her to the butchers so I decided a quick trip to the shops without her would be a good compromise.

I made it back to Arbor Court in record time...fifteen minutes door to door but as we turned into the street a movement at my side caught my eye...it was Isis. "Hello!" she said as she fell into step at our side. She had managed to open the door and go out for a wee walk while we were away! (I should have locked the door)

Here's a video of Isis not coming out when we wanted her to. You can hear Luca in the background bossing her about.



I took Luca to mass with me on Sunday morning. As with the fish'n'chip shop on Saturday night, he stood on the threshold and shook his head. He wasn't coming in.

We got past this first hurdle by picking him up, but he played the 'deadman' for the first 10 minutes after we got in.
"I am here," he was saying," but if I stare straight ahead and don't move a muscle, then you aren't!"

Johanne came and sat beside us which I was grateful for because when he finally remembered who she was he gave her 'Is this the house of Mistress Mouse?' to read with him.
"What's that?" he would ask her.
"Door!" he would say.
Or his most favourite of the week-end, "Cat!"

No comments: