Tuesday, 7 October 2008

Tuesday 7th October

I am so excited! There is a new channel called 'Alibi' starting today...Who dun its? from morning to night :)

All you active peple will be proud of me...I went for a walk today. An hour's walk; Sri striding out and pacing us, Anne breathing heavily and turning red and I went up Torphins Road, round part of the Inchmarlo estate and back home. It took us one hour and five minutes. And because it was heavy drizzle throughout the entire walk, I had to have a shower to heat up!

I borrowed someone's green weatherproof jacket from the cupboard downstairs. Could it be yours Lucy?

Tomorrow is going to be a day of rest as we are going to Johanne's for coffee in the morning but Thursday, all being well, will see us back out on the track. If the weather is fine, Sri thinks we should stretch ourselves and go further.

I have just finished watching the third and final part of Place of Execution.

I am wondering if it was based on a book by Val McDermid of the same name. It's about a reporter who travels to a Northumberland village to investigate the disappearance of a girl forty years before which resulted in her stepfather being hanged for her murder. Very good story, worth the watching.

Anyway, I am off to the supermarket now to get something for the tea and when I come back, I am going to begin the book I bought when I went into the village to get my eyes tested today. They, my eyes, are fine incase you are interested. 'Very healthy,' according to the chirpy, cheery optician in the shop.

The book I bought is 'The Grave Tattoo' by Val McDermid. You notice the theme running through here.
She is the author of 'Wire in the Blood' which has a series running just now that I have on 'series record' and I think she also wrote the serial drama, Place of Execution, which I have just finished watching.

I'll let you know what I think of the book when I am finished.

On a totally different subject, well done, Gary! Your photo and video were lovely. Just a thought: don't clap your hands when you are filming, it makes the picture go from side to side :). Ian has given me his old camera so that I can put some photos on here. I could've had a really good one of the drookit trio this morning if I had remembered to take the camera with me.

On second thoughts, the weight of the camera may have tipped me over the edge and I might not have managed to finish the walk :)

No comments: