
I went onto the net to try and find some photos of the factory that Brian worked in all those years. It's closed down now and is in a bit of a state but I think it is to be changed into flats eventually.


I found a site with lots of pictures of the dereliction on the site and while I was browsing, I came across this photo of the interior.
It took me way back. Imagine huge machines to the left and the right of the central aisle you are looking down.It could easily be the factory floor I worked in throughout the Summer before I went to college.
Throughout that summer, I worked in Clarks Mills in Paisley. My machine coated heavy duty thread with a wax coating. It was used for sewing the upholstery in cars.
I remember how the noise of the machines was so loud, it frightened me the first time I walked in. After that it just deafened me.
I'm trying to work out what year it was. I thought it was '68 but I have memories of using Mary and Brian's flat during my lunch break because it was in a tenement just round the corner. What was the name of the street? I can't remember.
Any way there was a wonderful bakers - they made the most delicious rolls in the world - and I bought one every day for lunch. They'll have closed down long ago, I'm sure.
You know I think it was Lang Street. I'll ask Mary the first time I speak to her.
No comments:
Post a Comment