Thursday, 6 November 2008

Thursday morning

I am sitting here with a coffee feeling quite stunned. Why?

The sound of the telephone ringing woke me from my sleep this morning. I had been dead to the world up to that point.

I saw the daylight through the crack in the bedroom curtains and glanced over at the clock... 9.22!

"Oh no! We've slept in and R's work is phoning to see where he is!"

I leapt from the bed (not good at my age) and raced to the computer to catch the call.

"This is a message ..." the voice on the other end of the receiver told me.

It wasn't the work!

Still panicking, I raced through to the front of the house to check the cars on the drive.

R's space was empty!

I was alone in the house.

I shall now go and finish my coffee in a soft seat and try to get over the shock.

No comments: