Friday, 28 November 2008

Friday morning

I am supposed to be having a shower just now after which I will be cleaning the bathrooms and hoovering the house but I've put it off ...just for a few moments.

I hate showers, much prefer a bath but I need to wash my hair and it's easier to just do it in the shower.

When I was younger, before showers were the norm in folk's houses, I washed my hair in the kitchen sink with a basin and a mug. It was always better if you could get someone to rinse your hair for you, it saved the water running up your arms which wasn't very comfortable!

Listen, think that's prehistoric, when I was small, we lived in a house with no bathroom and the bath was tin and was sat in front of the fire.
Aye, folk don't know how good they've got it these days :)

I found an image of our tin bath on the net. They still make them!
...I wonder who uses them.

www.mower-magic.co.uk/acatalog/Galvanised_Tin


I remember the bath was filled using a bucket, which was filled with hot water from the geyser (this is what we called the gas water heater on the wall above the sink) in the scullery. The scullery being the only source of water in the house!

No comments: