Saturday, 8 November 2008

Bedtime

R and I had a fish supper for tea tonight with a fresh crusty finger rolls each. We agreed that it was a really good fish supper and discussed the merits of eating it with bread and butter to improve the overall experience.

I recounted my memory of fish suppers during my childhood telling him how when someone was sent out to the chippie, whoever was left had the job of making a pot of tea and buttering slices of bread to accompany the fish and chips. Happy days!

Anyway R said he can remember this tradition from times we went down to Paisley, to Gran's! That surprised me. He reckons we had fish suppers every time we went to visit. Can that be right?

It's really windy tonight. I like nights like this when you are all cosy and warm inside and it's wild outside.

Heading to bed early. I have to get up early tomorrow to cook a load of sausages for the Church brunch in aid of Ikelenge. It's the church's African school's project and I promised Sri I would lend a hand. She's the organiser.

No comments: