Sunday, 9 November 2008

Bedtime

Busy Day today!

I thought cooking 64 sausages couldn't take too long so I got up at 8.30. I reckoned an hour would do it. That way, I could be along at the church centre just after 10.30... giving me plenty of time to help the others set up for 11.00.

If you are grilling the sausages it can't be done!

Sausages take between 10 and 15 mins to cook. OK, since these were 'chipolatas' - thin sausages - 10 mins. That's two and a half mins per side.
Since my grill holds 16 sausages that means 4 lots of sausages x4 turns of the sausage x 2.5 mins. for each side (turn) = 40 mins.

Can you see where I went wrong? I didn't leave any time for turning the sausages or taking them off the grill.

It took me an hour and fifteen minutes!

So at quarter to 11, I set off for the centre.
There are no parking places at that time of day outside the church.
It is Remembrance Sunday and the road in front of the Cenotaph gets blocked off.
I've no alternative but to take the sausages to the centre on foot.

Wrapping them in a bath towel and stuffing them in my Liz Claibourne floral bag, I set off as fast as I could, on foot.

I arrived with very little time to spare and my glasses all steamed up from the effort. Sod's Law, mass was late coming out because a lot of folk were late getting to the church because the road was blocked because it was ...

Never mind.

R and I are now stuffed full of left overs from the brunch. We had them for tea.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix was on tonight on Sky Premier. Why do I insist on watching the films when they aren't a patch on the books. I don't know.

One glass of wine left in the bottle. Should I have it as a night cap or not?

No comments: