Monday, 10 November 2008

Quarter to six

Tea is in the oven so I thought I'd quickly post a couple of photos.

They're of the tip!
I thought you might like to see it, Lucy. Just so's you know what it looks like when I talk about it.



On my way back from the tip, I popped into the post office to get an application form for a new passport and Derek and his wee girl were ahead of me in the queue!

She is a really cute wee thing with a blond bob and no 'off button'.
Chattered incessantly, and touched everything...Derek had his hands full.
I felt very honoured when she very generously gave me her bit of paper and an airmail sticker but then she took them back again.

Derek was asking after you all and I discovered that he is going to be a daddy again in January! Isn't that nice!

Do you realise that a renewed passport will cost me £72 and they are really tightening up on the photos according to the girl in the post office.

"Take off your glasses!" she said, so I did!
"When you are getting your photo taken," she continued after the briefest of pauses. What an idiot I felt!
"They'll knock the photo back if there is any reflection on the glasses!" she said.
Then added, "...and I'd put a kirby in that fringe too, if I was you!"

Fair enough.
I left covering my blushes.

No comments: