The parcel for America has become four parcels for America!
Yesterday, I separated the goodies into two packages because one was far too big! According to the internet it could cost me up to £100 to send it airmail, depending on which carrier I used.
So I split it into two. The christmas crackers and chocolate novelty decorations for the Christmas tree went yesterday.
The parcel was weighed and measured and cost me £12.00 to send.
Last night, I separated parcel 2 into 2 parcels because I was anxious about the size.
Today, I took parcels 2+3 to the Post Office. Size wasn't an issue this time but weight was.
Useful information...
If your parcel is over 2kg - this is bad!
The package with the selection boxes was less than 2kg and cost me £12. It has now gone but the other was over 2kg and to send it would have cost £46! I was too late for overland - the deadline was sometime in the middle of October.
The girl behind the counter worked out that it would be much cheaper to send two smaller packages rather than the one larger one.
She reckoned that I could save at least £10!!
So I took the package home.
I'm about to head out to the Post Office for the third time taking with me parcels 3+4. I will let you know how I got on when I get back.
G, you should have told me all this before I started. I don't know...what did I have you kids for!!
No comments:
Post a Comment