Not an eventful one apart from my adventure on Monday.
Tuesday was coffee with the sewing group at the Milton in the morning and the dentist in the afternoon.
You'll all be pleased to know that my teeth are fine and even the scale and polish was not as painful as it usually is, so things are looking up!
I'm sure my success in the teeth department is due to the electric toothbrush I've been using for a couple of years now and, I must include, Ian's little plastic toothpicks, with their little brush at one end, which I've taken to using at the end of the day.
Wednesday was empty because the gasman was supposed to be coming to look at the boiler but he cancelled at the last minute. I just stayed indoors anyway and used the time to have a look at my tapestry which has been sitting unfinished in a cupboard since before Grannie Lottie died.
Probably longer, in fact. I don't think I've touched it since I went back to work full time!
Maybe now that I've got time, I'll get it finished.
Thursday was a dead loss since I stayed in all afternoon, from twelve onwards because the gasman was supposed to be coming to fix the boiler.
He didn't.
Instead I got a phonecall to apologise for his 'no show' and a new appointment for Monday morning.
Cross your fingers that I don't get another apology.
I'm sure Ian is getting annoyed having to shave with cold water when the boiler doesn't come on!
Today?
Well I went for a walk on the platties this morning with Anne and Maura.
The weather today has been beautiful...blue sky and sunshine.
At last the temperature is starting to rise.
We walked as far as the woodmill and back, then went into the Chocolate Shop for a coffee. Anne and Maura treated themselves to a piece of chocolate with cranberries in it but my resolve was strong!
No chocolate or any other kind of goodies for me untill I've dropped 5 kilos!
We passed Karl Revel when we were walking along the river. He's still as jolly as ever and was teaching a woman to fish!
I wonder if that's a wee job he has on the go?
Lucy phoned just before teatime for a chat. She had some good stories to tell about the boys but I'll leave those for her!
Tomorrow morning Scott, Lucy and the boys are heading up to Eugene for a Valentine holiday treat. They are going to the indoor water park and treating themselves to an Italian meal at night. Children eat free!
Lucy says Braeden is just loving his swimming lessons. He's certainly a little water baby.
I think that's everything so I'm off to have that bath and go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment