Friday, 27 February 2009

Friday evening

Ross has fixed my ipod softwear for me so I'm transferring my Russell Watson CD onto it just now and thought since it has been so long since I made my last entry, I might as well make one while I'm here.

It's almost a week since I've written anything.

A quiet week but not unproductive, I've made a point of going walking everyday and apart from one day, I've kept within my points so I have high hopes for the 'weigh in' tomorrow morning.

While we were walking today, Anne confided that she has lost half a pound this week.
"I can't believe it," she said, "especially since Myra has lost two pounds and she admitted she had failed abysmally to keep to the eating plan!"

...an eating plan is a diet in 'positive speak'

I comforted her by saying that her weight may not be going down because she is putting on muscle due to all the exercise she is doing, that she should measure herself because she is possibly losing girth at the moment rather than weight.

She was comforted by what I said and nodded her agreement that this was probably the case :)

She and Leslie are off to The Green Inn in Ballater for dinner on Saturday night with Thomas (Anne's brother) and his partner, Allan so if Myra's form of dieting is anything to go by, Anne will have lost at least half a stone by the time she gets back!

Talking of The Green Inn, if you ever get the opportunity to go, take it.
It won't be a cheap night but it is an experience worth having!

Ian and I have been there twice.
It has a couple of rooms (bed and breakfast) so you can eat and drink and then just pop upstairs to bed. No worries about the journey home.

The food is beautiful and very sophisticated.
The last time we were there we had mushroom cappuchino as an amuse bouche!

Do you all remember this phrase?
...Check out the meal at the Milton that Ian and I didn't go to

I found this photo in my folder for April 2007.
I didn't realise it had been so long since we were at The Green Inn. You can see it in the background of the photo.

No comments: