The girls and I went out on Friday night to the Milton to celebrate Maura's birthday which is at the beginning of January and very nice it was too.
I had 'twice baked cauliflower and smoked cheese souffle' - which was scrummy - and then poached salmon on a bed of noodles tossed in sesame oil with mushrooms. It was lovely but Myra's chicken looked and smelled delicious and I think her choice was the best!
Interestingly, her description used the words 'sous vide'. Johanne, our expert linguist, said sous meant under and vide meant wide... so what does that make the chicken?
We left Anne's car there and took a taxi home so yesterday morning, Anne and I walked to the Milton to pick it up - no kidding! My pedometer said it was 7,886 steps and we reckon that is about 4 miles.
We did do the marathon walk to and from the Milton ...was that last week. So I reckon we walked about 8 miles on that occassion.
Anne says we aren't quite at the 4 minute mile (more like the 14 minute mile) but we are on the way! :)
Loved your videos, Gary, so decided to try again with mine!
The Night Garden in Arbor Court.
I must apologise for the state of the house. If I'd realised it was going to be on the video or indeed had notice that the scene was going to be so enchanting, I would have tidied up first! Please do not notice the bread knife sitting so close to a small child!
No comments:
Post a Comment