Ian was saying that Gary had phoned him and had told him that when he got home this afternoon, there was a message on his answer machine from the other man's insurance to say they were on their way to get his car!
That was quick!
His car doesn't look too bad.
You can see the paint from the other car on his bumper and the casing for his rear wheel (you know the one that is stuck on the back) has opened slightly at the top because it was pushed inwards at the bottom.
I suppose the garage will look underneath to check for damage.
Talking of cars in garages after crashes, Anne still hasn't got her car back. It should have been ready last Friday after they had replaced the front axle but when they test drove it, they discovered that the back axle had also been damaged so it's back to square one; ordering the part!
Leslie is having to take the bus to work on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so that Anne can have his car to travel to Stonehaven, so it was a real blow to discover that the car still wasn't ready.
Do you remember when you were hit from behind, Lucy.
You had stopped in the middle of the road ready to turn right into the petrol station at the far end of Banchory, and the driver of the car didn't notice you till she hit you!
I got a phone call at work to say you had been in a car crash and the deputy head drove me home.
If I remember rightly, it was my car you were driving and you had been able to borrow it because I had travelled into work that morning with Johanne.
Gee, that was a long time ago.
Can you remeber, Lucy, whether it was Gemima or Dolores?
On a totally different subject, Ross said to me tonight while we were having tea, that he didn't feel like raiding tonight!
"What!" I hear you cry.
"You cannot be serious!"
Well, I can assure you, I am.
He went on to explain that his group have completed the raid several times already and that now, some members of the group are not giving their all to the quest.
"It's like chess," he said, "there's no point in playing unless you are concentrating!"
His parting words were, "I think I might try to get out of it tonight."
Words I never thought I would hear.
I don't know whether he managed to opt out or not, I'll need to check.
Did you know, by the way, that he is intending to go over to Amsterdam for a week-end to meet up with some of the players from his group?
That should be interesting, shouldn't it.
Nobody will recognise him from the photo he has on the site. It must have been taken about ten years ago! Slight exageration.
No comments:
Post a Comment