Tuesday, 17 February 2009

I've put on my good black trousers and my red Christmas top

...because when I said to Ian that I should dress down (wear my jeans) to go to the Tom Paxton concert tonight, he replied with a question, "You do want to eat tonight, don't you!"

Well of course I do, so I've dressed up instead!

Mind you, what have I got to look forward to? I've promised myself that I will have no treats till I lose 5 kilos?

Well, my first hurdle has appeared. You're not going to believe this! It's 5 1/2 kilos now. :(
How can my weight have gone up? I haven't cheated even once!!

Why only last night we had shredded cabbage, diced turnip and chickpeas baked in a tomato puree for tea!

The boys ate it and, after a little coaxing, said it was alright!

But it wasn't that alright and I'm not going to live on cabbage and turnip or cook everything in tomatoes because it keeps the calory count down unless it really works!! (how woe do I feel?)

Did you know, by the way, that a rounded tablespoon of chick peas is 25 calories?
Bet you didn't!

I have this little book called Scottish Slimmers Check Book (a check has a value of 25 calories). I keep it at my side at all times.
Mind you, it won't be staying there for much longer if I don't see a change soon!

No comments: