Thursday, 19 March 2009

Thursday night

Came home from Inverurie with birthday goodies last night!
Carole and Gary have given me a miniature cherry blossom tree, a pineapple, two passion fruits, a mango and a tin of fruit sweets for sucking during journeys!

The cherry blossom I had suggested when they asked me if there was anything I would especially like for my birthday.

This is what it will look like when the blossoms come out.
I love blossom trees.

The fruit and sweets were in place of chocolates,
"I thought you might prefer fruit since you're trying to lose weight," Carole said as we sat at her kitchen table.

Brilliant idea, especially since the woman in question has no will power and probably ate about a third of Ian's birthday cake all to herself!

I'll keep the sweeties for the flight to Teneriffe and we can all have one as the plane takes off :)

Talking of food, we had macaroni cheese with broccolli and sliced brussel sprouts mixed into it, for tea tonight. It was really nice, I'd recommend it.

It's been a busy day.
I started the day in the garden weeding between the slabs and brushing up all the dead leaves... the garden seat is now back outside which is a relief to both Ross and I who have been working round it for a couple of months now and very shiny it looks.

Laundry and ironing took up a lot of time in fact it took an episode of Missing, an episode of Taggart and one and a half episodes of XFiles to get it all done and I finished just in nice time...the tumble drier was ready to spew out another load!

For those of you who will be visiting me in the near future, check the chest of drawers at the front door. I cleared it out too.

I discovered four partnerless gloves in one of the drawers during today's clearout, so if you also have any partnerless gloves come and see if we can create a pair between us!

I'm heading downstairs to put my birthday lillies from Ian into a vase.

They arrived around teatime for Ian!

Happy days.

No comments: