Saturday, 7 March 2009

back dates

As you know from other blogs I was in Inverurie on Wednesday holding the fort between Carole going to her fitness class and Gary coming home from work.

I stayed for a wee while after Gary got home.
We were all sitting at the kitchen table while Luca scooped up spoonfuls of beans and speared little sausages.
His favourite foodstuffs of the moment.

As we waited for the requests to clean his hands or scrape more out of the bowl, we were discussing Ian's birthday presents.

On hearing the word, 'birthday', luca stopped dead...

"Birthday," he said.

"Happy birthday to you!" he sang.

Followed by, "Candles... ", then "Phew!" ... as he blew the imaginary candles out.

Cute?
Gary and I were quite delighted!

I think I know where it came from. When Luca visits, we often go upstairs to the computer and look through some photos and we usually watch his birthday video which he loves at the moment.

He especially delights in the bit where I cry out a warning thinking he is going to burn himself and hoots with laughter every time.

I know he'll eventually get fed up with it, but it's fun just now! So here it is again :)

No comments: