...we're all stuffed full of cake.
...normal service has resumed.
There were almost sixty people at the golf club yesterday for lunch with Ian!
The numbers steadily rose over the last couple of days.
Luca played mine host very well, pitching up at people's tables to have a little chat.
In this photo, he's in B&Q with Gary and I... and that was my scone.
You know the way it is... you all order and then you wish you had ordered what someone else did.
Well, when you're two you can do something about it! :)
Back to the birthday lunch...
Luca's a funny wee guy. If he instigated a chat with a perfect stranger that was fine but if anyone tried to talk to him, he used the "If I look intently in the opposite direction while you're talking to me, you'll eventually give up and go away!" strategy and totally ignored them!
We were on a winner with the lunch as far as Luca was concerned.
Why you might ask?
What's his favourite food just now, apart from chocolate?
You're right...prawns.
The prawn coctail went down very nicely... so did his father's actually.
Poor Gary really lost out :)
Oh and Kelly, Mary Sutherland thought that Lauren was you.
She also thought, mind you, that Megan was Gary's girlfriend!
Talking of the girls reminded me...
On the way throught the carpark to the golf club, a woman sitting in a car waved at me.
Anne said, "D'you know who that is?"
To which I replied, "No, I just waved back and smiled because she was waving!"
I actually wondered if she had been waving at someone else!
Anyway Dawn appeared into the bar just minutes after me laughing.
"You had no idea who I was, did you?" she said.
"I could tell from the fixed smile on your face!"
Honestly, she looks so different with her blonde hair.
I wouldn't have recognised her in a month of Sundays!
That's my excuse anyway!
Barry and Helen had been in the golf club for about half an hour when we arrived and Barry was immediately recognised as Ian's brother!
"Does Ian have a brother?" someone asked.
What?
I don't think they look alike at all!!
Stuart and Alison, the caterers in the golf club, did very well feeding the five thousand, especially since they were only expecting four.
However, some people didn't eat cake!
I know because how else would there have been cake left?
And who were they? That's what I'd like to know! :)
It was a delicious cake.
And because they didn't, I did ... lots!
I took it round all the tables after Ian blew out his candles just to let folk see it before it was sliced.
"Did you make the cake?" I was asked several times.
"Marks and Spencers," I replied truthfully to gasps of disbelief.
"Marks and Spencers?"
"Wow!"
It was a really nice day and Ian made a speech!! Now that would have been work videoing if I'd had my camera :(
Well done, Ian!!
No comments:
Post a Comment