Saturday, 7 March 2009

Saturday afternoon

It's almost three oclock.

I've been down to the village twice. The first time was to go to the butcher, the fishmonger, the chemist and the plumber.
The second time was to revisit the plumber.

I had decided to pop into the plumber's shop on my way past when I'd been in the village the first time.

I felt it was time for another little reminder to the fact that they still hadn't been to fit the taps on the outside walls at the back and the front of the house or to mend the broken cystern handle - you need the knack and both hands to use it!

Anyway, when I finished telling the lady behind the counter the whole sorry saga, she suggested I give her as much information about the job needing done so's she could put it in the book.

The taps were straight forward but the cystern was slightly more complicated.

"What make of bathroom suite is it?"

"Armitage," says I.

"Is the handle one of those with the porcelain inset?"

"No, it's just a plain lever," says I.

Not complicated, you might be thinking...well no, not if the information you give so confidantly is accurate.

I used the toilet in question when I got home...

The manufacturer is Heritage and the handle has a porcelain inset.

We got that bathroom suite put in after the fire so how long is it that I've been using that toilet?

No comments: