Not only that but the lady sitting next to me, having noticed what I was reading, commented on it.
"I see you're reading Rebus," she said in way of introduction.
"Yes," I responded, "and I'm so disappointed that he's retiring and there'll be no more."
"I know what you mean," she said with an edge of loss in her voice, " but I've found a couple of others that you should try."
She mentioned the Swedish detective... Inspector Kurt Wallander. Kenneth Branagh played the part of Wallander in the TV series.
She thought the novels were pretty good.
But, Sylvia gave me one of the series years ago and while they're not bad, the main character - Wallander - is a miserable sod with a very unhappy personal life.
Actually that description could fit Rebus too!
More interestingly, she mentioned a detective based in Aberdeen... the author is Stuart McBride.
Might be worth looking for.
This next photo is for Ian's benefit...just to let him see the scanner at work!
Ian, you wrote TROLLSTIGEM on the back of this photo.I know its Norway but you'll need to fill in the blank for me.
Where exactly were we?
We were obviously on the road to somewhere.
Maybe you can tell me, Gary, since you took the photo!
Check out Ross and Kelly! I'm not sure how old they are... seven and eleven, maybe?
By the way, Kelly and Craig, I think your suggestions for names were very imaginative especially Knackered Knees Knocker and Bus Pass Brew. though perhaps these names may limit the numbers of those attracted to that particular beer.
No comments:
Post a Comment