Monday, 2 March 2009

Monday night

I'm really tired so I'm not writing much and I'm going to bed early.

It's been a long day.

Ross' car has given up using third and fourth gear completely now.

Last week saw it taking a dislike to third gear but he could coax it from second straight into fourth and seemed confidant and fairly blase about the whole problem.

However today, ten minutes after he set off for Kingussie, he phoned me from Kinker to say that he couldn't get above second and could he take me up on my offer of a lift.

A rather long winded way of letting you know why my handbag is in Tomintoul.

We stopped there for a coffee on the way back.

I didn't realise I'd left it till we got home and I was taking everything out of the car.

I felt ill when I realised the bag wasn't in the car :(

I got the number of the coffee shop on the internet and phoned them.

"Is this the Old Fire Station Cafe?" I asked when a young man answered the phone.

"Come off it. Stop fooling around!" was the reply I received.

Slightly confused, wondering if I had dialled the wrong number, I repeated the question.

"Oh sorry!" said the voice on the other end of the phone, "I thought you were my mum! You must be the lady who left a bright yellow bag here."

Bright yellow bag... how dare he. I don't have a bright yellow bag! I have a muted yellow real leather bag which I dearly love.

"Yes, " I said.

So tomorrow afternoon, I'm heading back over the mountains to get it.

The forecast is for snow tonight at high altitudes, but I'm hoping the rain forecast for the afternoon happens.

Wish me luck.

No comments: