Sunday, 29 August 2010

Sunday afternoon

That's Ian home.

No summitting of Lochnagar today. . . not that there would have been a view at the top anyway because of the cloud.

To be honest, it wasn't really a day for it. The weather has been very blustery and changable. We've had lots of downpours today and I put the heating on when I got back from church because it was so cold!

The priest this morning, said that some of the parishioners in Braemar were saying to him that it was cold enough for snow.

"Oh dear," I thought. "Ian!"

Anyway, he's home safe and sound, if a bit tired. He came up to have a bath which I've just run for him because when I came up to write this entry, I found him parked on the bed in front of the golf!

Am I a caring spouse or not? :)

I think he's a bit achy and tired so I've emptied my bottle of radox into the water. That should do the trick!

Yesterday, Ian and I took one of our infrequent trips to the cinema - 'The Girl who played with Fire', based on the second book in the 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' series. I haven't finished reading the book, but I will. There's a lot more detail in the book.

Mind you, I'm not sure I'll be able to cope with it. By the end of the film, I was definitely in shock from all the revelations about Lisbeth Salander's past. She's the main character in case you don't know.

Gee what that poor girl had had to endure in her short life!!

I'm not sure how much more I can take!!

So why have I taken a photo of Ian driving into Aberdeen yesterday?

Just to let you see that Granda Ian takes his responsibilities seriously.
Can you see, Lucy! he's wearing his Pop Warner football top for luck, as promised!

And just to finish off. . .
Here's son number two. I bribed him to get out of bed with a bacon butty. The smell of which I encouraged downstairs to his bedroom by swinging doors back and forward :)

He's working just now on a computer that he picked up yesterday.

And he has arranged to see an old customer on Wednesday who's giving up teaching and setting up his own business!
Sounds promising, don't you think?

Time for tea, I think :)

No comments: