Monday, 23 August 2010

Monday evening . . .

. . . and it's still 'chucking it down'!

It's been raining on and off since lunchtime, but not any old rain - torrential downpours, and gloomy? - I've needed the lights on in the house all afternoon!

Y'know, we've been having a lot of this kind of weather recently. Not our usual quiet, persistant rain. More the noisy kind that startles you when it start, making you look out of the window to see what's going on.

Enough! I hear you cry. No more weather talk!

So, guess where I was for lunch today?
The golf course!
Irene, of Ken and Irene, phoned last night to see if I was still joining the golfing girls after their game this morning. My joining them along with Annette, another non golfer, had been discussed at Saturday's outing but to be honest, I'd forgotten all about it. Anyway. . .

I duly arrived, spent a couple of hours very pleasantly and came away having arranged to play golf with them next Monday at 11.52am! Yikes !!

Ian has agreed to help me organise which I am very relieved about.

Just found Kelly on line there!!
She's streaming UK radio while she gets ready to go out to her body pumps class. It's quarter past five in the morning over there!

Well wasn't that a lovely wee diversion!


I'll sign off with a photo Kelly gave us of a race she ran along a Cornish beach!

No comments: