Friday, 6 August 2010

It's been so long. . .


I don't understand why!
It's not as though I've been run off my feet. . . although I have been walking two days and swimming once this past week.
And now that I think about it, I have been spending lots of time playing around on Ancestry.

Discovered that John Massey Heath, you know - the son of John and Jane who ran the coffee shop in Islington High Street in 1818 didn't have a very long life!

He died when he was only 40! I wonder what happened?
How curious am I? Curious enough to fork out £25? !! I don't think so. Not yet anyway :)

Those of you who couldn't care less? Miss out the next couple of paragraph because I'm going to talk about it a bit more!

I'm now on the track of Mary Ann Thorpe (John's wife - her daddy was a watchmaker in Islington) - she's five generations back from me.

I know she married John in St Mary's Islington in 1843 when she was 19 but I can't find her again till she reappears as a widow in the 1871 census. She was widowed in 1858 - what would that be? 12-13 years prior to this?

In the census, she is recorded as head of the house and an annuitant, and she shares her home with three of her daughters and a lodger who incidentally was the best man at the wedding of Johanne Pfaff and Jane Heath (Old Granny Sowerby's mum and dad).

Maybe the lodger - Alfred Binge - introduced the pair to each other?

Jane isn't living at home in 1871, she's at the Hoxton Lunatic Asylum. And no. She isn't an inmate. She's recorded as an 18year old housemaid! :)

I know, not everyone feels the thrill the way I do.

I foisted my enthusiasm onto Ross the other day. Sat in his room and told him all about my discoveries and where I was hoping to go next. I think if he had had a gun, he would have shot himself!! :)

Ian? Well he tries to look interested but the boredom is tangable. It exudes from his every pore when I start!

The only person who shows any interest is Mary, my sister. So she gets regular updates by text. . . I really wish she would get a bit more computer literate - typing out long messages on the mobile phone, is murder!

Let's change the subject, shall we?
Would you like to see my weightwatchers gold certificate?


And here is a photo of me holding the treasured certificate! I got Ross to take it the other day!



I was back at the meeting last night - still the same weight but considering I am still living the miserable existance of a 'food watcher and resister', I was a bit disappointed not to have lost even a wee tiny half pound.
Mind you, last Friday I was out for lunch albeit I had the small portion and on Saturday night, Ian and Colin and I went to the Tor na Coille for dinner and I did have dessert!!

Is this it? Is this the rest of my life? !!

Explain this to me. . .
  • yesterday morning, I weighed 65 kilos,
  • yesterday evening I weighed 66.4 kilos,
  • this morning my weight is back to 65 kilos again!

I know weight various throughout the day but between morning and evening yesterday (and bear in mind I swam 30 lengths in the morning), I added almost 1 and 1/2 kilos - 3 lbs to my weight!

So, it's Friday.
Nothing planned for the weekend.

I'm heading up to Johanne's this afternoon for a coffee and a chat.

And now?
I'm off to have lunch!

No comments: