Apart from, it's not going to be a knee length skirt which rules out most of what I've seen so far.
Oh and it has to have sleeves to hide my curdled batwings -
So not knee length and with sleeves - no mean feat, I can tell you!!
Anne left me a couple of catalogues before she went to sunny Majorca yesterday. One for Kaleidoscope and the other for Marisota and there are quite a few outfits I like in them but. . . not sure if what I like is appropriate.
Marisota has lovely jeans with sparkly back pockets which I am seriously considering getting.
But I don't think they would look good with the hat that I intend wearing! :)
Plus, it's hard to feel the quality off a page in a catalogue and I was stung many years ago, when I was only about sixteen, by just such a situation.
I used my hard earned usherette's pay to buy a brown smock top. . . it had a square neckline which had swiss braid around it in shades of orange (OK . . . it was the sixties, afterall!). It was gathered at the neckline and came down to about hip level. I remember it well because I had to wear it forever :(
In fact I think I wore it as a maternity smock when I was pregnant with you, Lucy. Probably got a photo of me wearing it, now that I think about it!
Anyway, the fabric was cheap and nasty and I was very disappointed.
In fact here we are! The very top!

Off to do some ironing now. I think I've got an episode of Wire in the Blood recorded. Brilliant :)
No comments:
Post a Comment