. . . yet again. How did it manage to come round again so fast?
I'm really tired today.
My legs and feet are aching and my eyes are burning! I feel totally wabbit after our weekend in Edinburgh at the Festival. Is that how you spell 'wabbit', Ian?
I checked 'The Concise Oxford Dictionary' to see how to spell it and it wasn't there. So I then looked it up in 'The Scots Dialect Dictionary' and it wasn't there either!
Have I imagined this word?. . . or, could I be feeling 'wappit' rather than 'wabbit'?!!
Now I'm not sure.
I suppose I could compare my use of 'wabbit/wappit', if indeed I haven't imagined it, to Luca's 'liffyvoom' (livingroom) or indeed Lucy's 'tug a tiggy' (cup of tea)!
Maybe, I've just got the word completely wrong and have never realised my mistake!
Can anyone help?!!
Good news, by the way, for any of us who are related to Old Granny Sowerby! :) Her great grandad left an estate worth £11.001.12s 8p. in1880, (I found this out courtesy of Ancestry.com who've just opened up a new section on probate records).
Now all we have to do is find out where all the money went! My mother always maintained there was money on that side of the family!! :)
I need to get cracking with the housework pretty soon. It's almost lunchtime and I've done nothing yet.
No swimming today unfortunately. The swimming pool have changed their timetable and it looks as if it'll be Thursday swimming till October at least. Maybe even Christmas.
I thought about going out for a walk but to be honest, I've done enough walking over the last few days so I'll hoover instead. Oh, and I've just remembered I have a trip to the tip to do too! I need to get rid of all the cardboard from the bed delivery amongst other things.
I haven't touched on our visit to Edinburgh - apart from complaining about the walking. But to be honest, I enjoyed walking around Edinburgh. It's such a pretty city with so many interesting little streets and vistas and we saw some really enjoyable shows and ate in a couple of well chosen (completely by chance) restaurants but I have no photos, I forgot to take my camera!! So I'll let Ian tell you all about it.
Well, I might chip in the odd little bit that he leaves out but that'll be all :)
Must go! The tip is waiting!!
No comments:
Post a Comment