Thursday, 29 July 2010

Thursday afternoon - quarter to five



On any other day, I would be starting to make the tea at this time but not on a Thursday.

Thursday evening is Weight Watchers meeting so I need to take my mind off food. . . because I won't be eating any till I get home after the weigh in!

The pangs of hunger are beginning to kick in. Best bet is to steer well clear of the kitchen.

The bedroom with my fingers busy hammering the computer keyboard seems like a good idea.

It's a bit like knitting which was very useful when I was trying to stop smoking all those years ago. Keep the hands busy and take the focus off the cravings. . .

So. . .

Mary, yes.
She arrived on Tuesday and went back home on Friday. The time flew in and I felt she had just unpacked when she was already packing her little bag again.

We spent lots of time with Gary, Carole and Luca which was what I had hoped but we also spent time on the computer.
On Ancestry.com
I had said to Mary that I would show her my research and then we would try and find Granny Sowerby on the 1901 census because she seemed to disappear in 1891 and not reappear till she was getting married in 1904.
Where was she all that time?

Well, we found her!

Can you make it out?
If you click on the image, it should get bigger.
She's down as Frances Pfaff. and she's a visitor in a house in Taunton in Somerset.

Having knocked three years off her age she seems to be travelling with three lads - two actors and one comedian. She is described as a pianist and singer!

I think we're talking Vaudeville here!

No comments: