It's called a will of iron...
And I don't know how much longer I can hold onto it!
Today was West Church coffee morning duty - my task is to bake and take a batch of fruit scones and a traybake.
Well, I'm getting better at the scones so only made what was needed but mmm tray bakes?
I know I used to do these without batting an eyelid a hundred years ago before I went back out to work but since I became a lady of leisure, I just haven't managed to rediscover that old comfort zone.
So three tray bakes completed and the most disastrous dutifully eaten by Ian, Ross and Thomas (Ross' buddy, who incidentally commented that the chocolate cake wasn't that bad - of course he is a 26 year old lad and we all know they have very low standards. Is it sweet and gooey? Fine!), I now find myself with half a tray of cornflake/coconut slice and a half tray of chocolate torte.
Can I leave them alone?
I'm not sure.
Do you know how hard it was for me to bake and not scrape the bowl or test the product? The goodies are now sitting in boxes on the worktop in the kitchen. . . aaargh!
Of course, just to make matters worse, Weightwatchers last night informed me that I have managed to gain half a pound this week!
Gasp, shock, horror!
I've been good. I've dutifully watched my intake of points.
Anne commiserated by saying that as the expert in this field, she knows that the closer you get to your target weight, the harder it is to lose.
I have my own theory.
We've had some really nice weather this week. You know - sitting out in the sunshine weather and as usual my feet and legs refused to use my lymphatic system - I developed swollen ankles!
So last night, I got out my 'cinnamon bun' body cream and worked on my feet and legs.
You'll all be glad to know that, apart from Ian dreaming all night that he was sleeping with an iced bun, I was up three times in the night to use the loo and this morning when I weighed myself I was a kilo lighter than I was yesterday morning!
So, I need to thank my daughter, Lucy for this transformation as she gave me the 'cinnamon bun' lotion as a gift and taught me how to massage my fat ankles :)
Thank you Lucy!
. . . and here she is about to perform gymnastics on our garden swing in our backgarden in Broxbourne.

Can you see Gary sitting on the rug with his pal, Karl? The other little girl is Karl's big sister Sacha.
Happy days!
No comments:
Post a Comment