Saturday, 17 July 2010

Saturday lunchtime

Back again . . .

It seems like this blog is either a famine or feast.

Took a walk with Anne to the Falls of Feugh tearoom this morning. The sun was shining and the temperature was 'not bad', so we decided to sit outside . . . not the best decision we've ever made! The sun disappeared and the wind got up. Still you can't criticize the setting. I wish now I had taken my camera with me.

A word to the wise, though - don't sit outside if you want a top up for your coffee. Once you're outside - that's it. Nobody will come near you again!

Haven't had much exercise this week.
I swam on Monday as usual but that's been it apart from Tuesday morning's walk to the Raemoir Garden Centre and this morning's short walk to the Falls of Feugh.

Hang on, I forgot Sunday's walk up at Torphins with Anne and Maura. Gee it was windy that day! Maura had on a skip cap and I wished I'd borrowed one of Ian's just to stop my hair beating me to death!

This photo was taken on Sunday. The folk you're seeing the back of are Maura (on the left - with the proper walking boots on) and Anne.

The gasman came on Thursday to fix the leaky radiators. We've got a new radiator in Ross' loo and a new valve 'with bladder' in the living room! He also used his wrench to tighten the two radiators I'd discovered were leaking after we had organised for him to come.

Fingers crossed that Thursday has seen an end to our troubles with the heating system.

The gasman - Raymond, had to go up into the attic to isolate the tank for the heating system so's he could drain the radiator he was replacing and, since he can't use my ladder (company rules dictate that he uses his own), he brought in his own.

What a great ladder it turned out to be! As well as being an A shape, it could be straightened out which meant it reached right up into the attic!
"That's a great ladder!" I told him."Where did you get it?"

He told me.
I've forgotten the name of the manufacturer already but I did recognise it.

Anyway, he said that if I wanted a ladder for the attic, I should get a Fakki loft ladder. That, that was what he had at home.
"All you have to do is screw this to that and that to this and 'Bobs your uncle'!"
If only it was that simple :(

On a more positive note, he is a red wine drinker and told me to track down - Fortium Salice Salantino 2006 or 7 because it was just wonderful! :)

Would you like to see some of the photos I took last night in the garden? Yes? OK.

This is the little apple tree now sporting little apples!


And here are the hostas that are now prospering because of my attack on the slugs!!
And yes, I do still feel a bit guilty about using 'Slugg Off' on them - there was a little dried up corpse lying on the slabs last night :(

Any ideas on what I can do to stop the bolts on my stair from rusting?

And this is one of the photos I took of the embankment - we had that beautiful golden light slanting onto it last night.
Doesn't really show itself in this photo but it's the best me and my wee camera can do :)


OK, that's enough for now. I'm away to show Ross how to wash windows because he has agreed to take over that chore.
Wish me luck :)

No comments: