Saturday, 24 July 2010

Saturday lunch time

I've left the supermarket shop sitting on the dining room table for the time being because I'm worn out. . .

. . . and that was that! Gary and Luca appeared just as I typed that last word and having saved to 'draft' I went down to see them . . . the end!
So it's Sunday - 2.30pm and I'm back!

The house is empty apart from Ian in the back room, not feeling well - he cancelled his golf this morning (that's the measure of how bad he's feeling - that and the blankie he has wrapped around himself ) and 'sleeping beauty' (otherwise known as Ross) on the ground floor.

It's quiet.

Brian left this morning. He'd been up for the golf - Friday and Saturday.

And it was lovely to see him again and thanks to his visit, we ventured back up to the Tor-na Coille for a bar supper!


I didn't take any photos while he was up, sorry, but this one is only a couple of years old and he hasn't changed that much! He's the one with the bird eyeing up his nice red cap :)

The Tor-na-Coille, to get back to the bar supper, was very good.

I had pea and mint risotto which was yummy - I thought you might be interested in knowing that, Kelly (. . . and by the way are you still in existence??) seeing as you are now veggie.

Ross and Brian had fish and chips - very nicely presented - the chips had been cut into long narrow cuboids and were stacked up on top of each other like a little tower. Very chic!

And Ian had a chicken dish with some kind of sauce which looked equally good and tasted very nice according to Ian - so things are looking up.

Mary was up this week too.

You can see why I haven't been blogging, can't you? Far too busy having fun!

She arrived on Tuesday and left again on Friday morning . . . and I do have some photos of her!
Albeit, they were all taken at the same time, which was Tuesday afternoon, when the sun shone!!

Check them out. Hide and seek was Luca's suggestion.
He's still getting the hang of this game. You have to keep reminding him he hasn't to jump out and say, "Here I am!" as soon as you finish counting and call out, "Here I come, ready or not!"

Here he is playing the right way!



Fiendishly clever hiding place, Luca! She'll never find you there :)


Now, here he is counting.



And here he is finding his Aunt Mary after she shouts, "I'm over here!"

I love this age, don't you. They're so cute!

I've run out of time so, I'll finish off telling you about Mary's visit next time :)

No comments: